Sunday, February 12, 2023

Rieslingfreak No. 33 Clare Valley

Name: Rieslingfreak No. 33 Clare Valley

Variety: Riesling
Region: Clare Valley
Country: Australia
Year: 2021
Price: $18.95

Winery Review: 93 points James Suckling
Outer quote mark Attractively fresh florals and lime, as well as pear, apple blossom and some more exotic spice notes. The palate has a richly fleshy feel with really generous peach, pear and lime flavors. (8/2021)

Wine Folly: pg 158 "Riesling" - I definitely noticed the pear note listed in this section. A lot of smells and tastes from the "tree fruit" section were present. 

Personal Review:  So I had said that the No. 44 was my favorite from the tasting last week but this was even better! It was a bit more dry, and had just as much citrus, however, there was a distinctly pleasant pear note that was not as prominent in the 44. Felt pretty acidic, and was a bit too dry for my amigo in the picture there. To me, it was simply crisp, refreshing, and very pleasant. One thing to note is that I had this wine slightly chilled which could have affected my perception. I also had it will food, buttery shrimp tacos, and buffalo dip. This wine very effectively cut through the fat and refreshed my palate. Excellent! Would buy it again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Winery Visit - Villa Appalachia

It had just finished raining as we headed along the windy sunlit summits of the Blueridge Parkway. Rebecca and I were en route to Villa Appa...