Sunday, February 12, 2023

Chateau Bourdieu - Blaye Cotes de Bordeaux

Name: Chateau Bourdieu - Blaye Cotes de Bordeaux
Variety: 87% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Cabernet Franc
Region: Bordeaux
Country: France
Year: 2019
Price: $19.95

Winery Review: "Flamboyant and deep, with ample, lush and fresh forest fruits, bramble and cassis, with cascading sweet spice swifty following. A super, brooding wine which will shine brighter with time"
Decanter, (November 2020), Platinum Medal - 97 points

Wine Folly: pg 158 "Bordeaux Blend" -I definitely noted the intense body and high tannin content of this wine the second it entered my mouth! Of the notes listed in the book the ones I got were Cherry and herbs. I am not sure what a black currant tastes like. 

Personal Review: This was one of two favorites from this weeks tasting of French wines at the Vintage Cellar. I liked this one because of its boldness. I imagine it would be good with food. It was not particularly heavy like some other bold reds I have tasted, and was actually quite bright on the finish. Lots of fruit, and some darker herby notes as well. 

I did not have any food with this wine.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Winery Visit - Villa Appalachia

It had just finished raining as we headed along the windy sunlit summits of the Blueridge Parkway. Rebecca and I were en route to Villa Appa...