Sunday, February 5, 2023

Sauvignon Blac 2022 - Mount Fishtail

Name: Sauvingnon Blac 2022

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Marlborough
Country: New Zealand
Year: N/A
Price: $17.95

Winery Review: Wine Orbit 94 Points (5 Stars)
It’s brilliantly expressed on the nose showing kiwifruit, golden peach, fig and lime zest aromas. The palate is equally satisfying with excellent fruit weight and power, beautifully complemented by refreshing acidity, making it instantly appealing. At its best: now to 2025.

Wine Folly: pg 165 "Sauvignon Blanc" - The book mentions New Zealand as a region that produces this wine. I did not have it at the recommended 45-55 degrees F, but at room temperature. I got maybe a bit of the honeydew flavor. I got apple that wasn't listed in the book. I did get some herbaceous notes although they were not altogether pleasant. 

Personal Review:  Not my favorite. I mostly tasted apple at the beginning which was very quickly followed by an unpleasant chemical sort of taste. Maybe a component of the acidity? However the wine was also watery to me. Maybe a mix of the herbal and other/earth notes listed in the book is just not to my tastes. I will have to try another sauvignon blanc to confirm. 

I did not have any food with this wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Winery Visit - Villa Appalachia

It had just finished raining as we headed along the windy sunlit summits of the Blueridge Parkway. Rebecca and I were en route to Villa Appa...