Sunday, April 2, 2023

Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name: Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio
Region: Venezie DOC
Country: Italy
Year: 2021
Price: $10.95

Winery Review: On the palate, it is a complex wine that offers delicate floral and tropical fruit notes of pineapple, passion fruit and mango. On the finish, an intense aroma of Williams pear complements the bright acidity. With its food-friendly and approachable style, our Pinot Grigio pairs beautifully with light pastas, poultry and fish and can also be enjoyed as a refreshing “after-work” aperitif. - Ecco Domani

Wine Folly: pg 160 "Pinot Grigio" - This wine is from Italy, which is listed as one of the potential growing locations for pinot grigio. This must be a somewhat dryer example because I got very little of the antelope and almond flavors described by the book. I didn't know it was a mutation of Pinot Noir!

Personal Review:  A pretty dry white wine, I usually enjoy it chilled, as I did on this tasting. There is minerality on the front of the palate, and strong notes of citrus throughout. Lemon and lime is how I would describe the primary flavor of this wine. While the citrus is ever present, the minerality and acid fade as you suck on this wine. It is pretty inexpensive and a nice DOC Italian wine that isn't too sweet for my palate. It has been a staple in my cellar for a couple years. 4/5

Worth noting I had this wine with some honey pork chops and the acidity did not play nice with the sweet pork chops and corn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Winery Visit - Villa Appalachia

It had just finished raining as we headed along the windy sunlit summits of the Blueridge Parkway. Rebecca and I were en route to Villa Appa...